The Carpentry Course prepares individuals for entry-level employment in positions involving rough and finish carpentry such as Carpenter’s Helper, Drywall Installer, Framer, and Construction Trades Helper and for entry-level rough and finish carpentry work classified as General Maintenance and Repair (SOC 49-9071 US Department of Labor).
Carpentry Course List
- Framing Floors, Walls, Roofs
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
- Drywall–Hanging and Taping
- Installing Trim
- Installing Doors and Windows
- Installing Kitchen Cabinets and Countertop
DVD course only.
- 15 Study Hours
- Self-paced—completed within 1 to 12 Months
- No Prerequisites
- Certificate in Carpentry Theory
- Distance education—delivered by video instruction with instructor support available by email or phone. Online exam only—no hands-on skills assessment.
Complete course syllabus available below.