Watch this video excerpt to see how ATI can teach you
or your employees professional locksmithing skills:
This knowledge-based Locksmithing Course teaches the locksmithing trade in meticulous detail. Receive consistent high-level instruction in all aspects of locksmithing. Students will learn from a licensed professional locksmithing instructor everything from antique and collectible locks to cutting keys, re-keying and picking locks, installing commercial and residential lock sets and so much more. Students will see up close views of the instruction so they can quickly learn the fine detail of such precision work as re-pinning and picking locks.
The Locksmithing Course prepares individuals for entry-level employment as a Locksmith (SOC 49-9094 US Department of Labor) or entry-level locksmithing classified as General Maintenance and Repair (SOC 49-9071, US Department of Labor)
Locksmithing Course List
- Keys: including various key types and key cutting
- Locksmithing Basics: covers all types of door locks, padlocks and more.
- Residential Locksmithing: including the installation and repair of major door lock brands.
- Commercial Locksmithing: including master key systems and decoding.
- Impressing–Picking and Installing Locks
Self-paced—completed within 1 to 12 Months
- 47.5 Study Hours
- Self-paced—completed within 1 to 12 Months
- No Prerequisites
- Certificate in Locksmithing Theory
- Distance education—delivered by video instruction with instructor support available by email or phone. Online exam only—no hands-on skills assessment.
Complete course syllabus available below.